Friday, May 17, 2013

Can We Change Our Fate?

A boy named Crow said, "...fate is like a small sandstorm. You change directions, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before dawn." Choices are illusions. I believe everything that you will and can ever choose has been chosen. It comes from my other belief of parallel universes. There is a Jeremiah who did not get into Whitney Young. There is a Jeremiah who never migrated to the United States. There is a universe where I never existed. There is a Jeremiah who does his 2nd Semester Senior work diligently. I feel as though I am following the path the universes assigned to me. Is this saddening? Nope. Do I wish this wasn't true to me? Yes. Would I try to revolt in this fixed path? That's a trick question because it's futile. If I try to revolt, I was supposed to revolt. If I don't, I was meant to not. Come what may. I don't use this belief as an excuse though. I will take responsibility for the "choices" I've made, which absolutely makes no sense. Maybe like 10% of believes that I make my own choices. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment